The Data Effect: Explore Our Hidden Opportunity
When: June 5, 2012
Where: Westin Bayshore Hotel, Vancouver, BC
Over the last three decades, British Columbia has collected one of the world’s most comprehensive databases of health information. This public resource has the potential to save lives, reduce health care costs by billions of dollars and become a powerful catalyst for business and discovery.
Join decision makers in government, research institutions, and other leading thinkers on June 5, to unlock the opportunity. Visit the Data Effect website to learn more and register.
• Dr. Diane Finegood, President & CEO, Michael Smith Foundation for Health Research
• Elizabeth Denham, Information and Privacy Commissioner, British Columbia
• Dr. Julio Montaner, Director, BC Center for Excellence in HIV/AIDS (by video)
• Dr. Patricia Martens, Director, Manitoba Center for Health Policy
• Nancy Meagher, Executive Director, Population Data BC
• Dr. Bruce Carleton, BC Children's Hospital and Chair, Provincial Data Stewardship Committee
Posted:May 9, 2012, 8:37 a.m.