Working with Administrative Data Workshop
When: September 19 – December 11, 2011
Where: University of Victoria, BC
The Professional Specialization Certificate in Population Health Data Analysis will be launched this fall with the delivery of the first course: Working with Administrative Data.
The course examines:
- the basics of what administrative data are and where they come from
- how administrative data can be used for research,
- what the data produced for a research project looks like
- the skills that are needed to work with administrative data
- basic statistical analysis of these data
- privacy issues and access to data.
This fully online course will be offered over 12 weeks. Online Moodle orientation will begin one week prior to the start of the course.
Orientation: September 14 to 16, 2011
Course Delivery: September 19 to December 11, 2011
For course details visit: http://www.uvcs.uvic.ca/aspnet/Course/Detail/?code=PHDA01.
Posted:Aug. 29, 2011, 9:35 a.m.