Registration Now Open for Heart-Mind Conference: May 8-10, 2014
The Dalai Lama Centre for Peace and Education presents the second annual Heart-Mind Conference from May 8-10, 2014: The Science of Kindness! Heart-Mind 2014 will share the most up-to-date science and practice related to how adults can cultivate kindness, empathy, compassion and altruism in children and in themselves - in families and schools, during recreational activities, and throughout the community. Become part of the circle of educators, parents, thought leaders and community-based practitioners who care for and about children.
- Why is empathy declining in children and youth and what can we do to reverse the trend?
- Do we need to teach children to be empathic? Or are they born with an innate ability ?
- Are differences among children's empathy and kindness a result of hereditary factors, or of how children are raised?
- What can we do to cultivate empathy & kindness and reduce bullying?
- What impact does the use of technology and social media have on empathy and acts of kindness?
- Can mindfulness promote compassion and empathy?
- Is there a connection between exposure to nature and the development of empathy and kindness?
- What are examples of practices that cultivate kindness - in schools, families and other community settings?
Posted:Feb. 20, 2014, 10 a.m.