HELP Announces 2013 Fall Expo
SAVE THE DATE! October 21st, 2013 has been set for our Annual Fall Research Exposition.This FREE full day event will take place at UBC Robson Square in Vancouver. On-line registration will open on September 10th, 2013.
This year, we will present new research findings that have furthered our understanding of factors that can support and enhance the well-being of children in BC: from policy environments, to communities, to families. This theme was central to Clyde Hertzman's vision and research. This full day event will include several keynote presentations, and hands-on workshops with researchers that will deepen your understanding of our important research.
Preview of keynote presentations and workshop topics:
- International Policy Comparisons – Why Canada lags behind on the world stage?
- Making sense of social epigenetics
- From Cradle to Career: Using Population Data to Understand Children’s Trajectories
- Cultural Identity as a Critical Component in Aboriginal Child Development
- Supporting children with special healthcare needs
- The Middle Years Development Instrument - From Results to Action
Please join us as we celebrate the 10th Anniversary of HELP’s Aboriginal Steering Committee. On-line registration will open on September 10th, 2013.
Posted:Sept. 6, 2013, 9 a.m.